St. Barbora Church
St. Barbora Church was built on the initiave of Ambrose, the parish priest, in 1772, and on the 4th of December that year it was consecrated. The history of this structure is much older. According to Jan Brezina as early as the 15th century the Church of the Holy Cross stood beyond the Upper Gate. Due to its location, this church could be regarded as the predecessor of the Church of St Barbora. From the architectural perspective the church is a simple structure which culminates at the east end with a polygonal apse and at the west end it ends with a bell-tower. The fasade is late Baroque, divided by lesene frames, in which there are Baroque windiws with banded window margins. The tower culminates in a mansard roof with the upper part being tent-like in form, a small poppy-head and a metal cross. The interior is being structurally repaired at the moment. The nave has a new wooden ceiling, which replaces the late Baroque coving, and the chancel has Baroque vaulting. The small chancel, with buttresses, is the only surviving remnant of the original structure. This fact was also revealed through restoration work carried out in 1999, during which narrow Gothic windows with the remains of original plaster in window splays, were found in the individual cells. A lack of architectural details does not allow an exact date to be established. Hypothetically, we can assume that the apse of the current church could have been constructed in the 15th century.