The Skalicka Chateau
Address: Skalička 15, Zábřeh, 789 01
Working hours: May, June, September, October – Sunday 14:00 – 18:00
Contact: email@example.com, +420 583 411 288, www.zamek-skalicka.cz
The Skalicka Chateau, which is a protected monument, is situated in the centre of a small park of the same name in the community of Skalicka, which was originally separate, but since 1950 has been part of Zabreh. The chateau dates back to the first half of the 18th century, when the Skalicka feoff was acquired by the Bartodej family of Bartodej. From 1785 to 1891 the chateau and the adjacent land were owned by the Chorynsky of Ledska family who reconstructed the chateau in the Baroque style. The building itself is a single-storey, rectangular building, built of brick and stone and rendered with smooth lime plaster of ochre colour, with white window margins and lesenes. Its characteristic feature is a 15 metre high square tower with an onion-shaped dome rising from the centre of the roof. On the north fasade a stone fragment with a coat of arms bearing the date 1727 has been preserved, indicating the date when the chateau was built. The building consists of three bays which are vaulted throughout and set on a lengthwise axis (east-west). The rooms in the central and southern part have barrel vaulting.