The upper „Masarykovo“ square
The upper square is decorated with two sculptor´s works of art: a plague column and, north of this, a stone fountain. The plague column is surrounded by a four-sided enclosure of stone balustrades. In the corners there are pillars bearing statues of four patron saints. The base of the column is decorated with reliefs of the Annunciation, the Holy Trinity, and diamond motifs. The column is crowned with a statue of the Virgin Mary standing on a half-moon. The plague column, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, was created in 1713 according to the designs of Vaclav Render of Olomouc. The statue was made by the sculptor and mason Jan Sturmer who carried out other designs by Render. The stone fountain was created in the last Baroque phase and already shows undoubted signs of Classicism, which was then becoming prominent. The basin is circular and broken through on four sides by semi-circular fluting. The fountain is decorated by a statue of mythological female figure pouring water from an urn. The base of the statue bears the symbol of the town and an inscription in German, with a chronogram bearing the date 1829. The designer of the fountain is unknown.